Mexican Auto Insurance Spanish Español
Mexico insurance travel documents. Important Mexico travel insuance info.
Important Mexico entry info. for driving your car into Mexico with Mexican auto insurance. Info for driving in Mexico with your Mexico travel insurance. Mexico auto permit info. for traveling with Mexico car insurance Baja California free zone. No need for Mexico auto permits. Mexico ferry info for transporting your car after buying Mexican auto insurance.

Mexico Travel Documents

When returning to the US, keep in mind the transitional period for border crossing by land. As of January 31, 2008, the United States ended the practice of accepting oral declarations of citizenship. Upon implementation of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI), travelers will be required to present a single WHTI-compliant document denoting both citizenship and identity when seeking entry into the United States through a land or sea border.

Travel Documents for U.S. citizens, ages 19 and older, traveling via land or sea, as of January 31, 2008:

  • Passport Card
  • Passport book
  • Trusted Traveler Cards (NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST)
  • State Issued Enhanced Driver’s License (when available)
  • Enhanced Tribal Cards (when available)
  • U.S. Military Identification with Military Travel Orders
  • U.S. Merchant Mariner Document when traveling in conjunction with official maritime business
  • Native American Tribal Photo Identification Card
  • Form I-872 American Indian Card

Children ages 18 and younger will only be required to present proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate. Although travelers ages 16 and older should also carry government issued photo ID.

View a detailed list of documents that are acceptable for entry into the United States by land or sea after traveling to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean. These documents comply with the new travel requirements of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection highly recommends these documents for U.S. citizens. If you have questions, please visit